Saturday, April 3, 2010

Tatted [thumbs]Up[and down]

I've been considering getting a tattoo for a while now, but I'm still deciding on what to get. There are a lot of cliche tattoos out there that I'm not even going to recognize. I'm sure they have a deep meaning with the person, but they're not overly original. The tats that I like most are either very original and clever or absolutely the worst ones ever. Professional athletes have some of the most ink, and since I really like sports, seeing their tattoos is really cool. Here are some that I've found. Good and bad.

Original and interesting: Kenyon Martin's wife's lips on his neck.


Bad: DeShawn Stevenson's face tat. Not only do I think he did it himself, it's the second most disgraceful and disrespectful usage of the Pirates logo (in case you're wondering, the MOST disgraceful use of the Pirates logo: any time the Pirates are playing a game and sporting it)


Worse: But that's not it! While looking for the face tat, I came across another. Mind you, this is on the same person.




Actually. Now that I think about it, I can't really call these bad and worse. I can honestly say I dig the man's creativity and thought in his tattoos. Even if he did one on his face on his own, I can respect that. I may even consider him a hero of mine. He and I clearly have many of the same interests: basketball, the city of Pittsburgh, tattoos, beards, Honest Abe, and area codes. I hope someday I get to meet this interesting man.
And in that light, I'll leave you with a truly [gawd]awful (pun absolutely intended) one. Nothing more need be said.
Until the Lion Learns to Speak,
[z]ach

No comments:

Post a Comment